Friday, November 5, 2010

To the floaters..

Friendship can be an interesting concept.  I think many people misconstrue the meaning of an acquaintance and substitute in the word friend.  In my life I find that quality much overrides quantity.  I pick and choose these people very wisely who I keep in my life because I feel that only so many can truly know me inside and out.  It may be because I am so selective that when someone pulls away it hurts so deeply.  We all go through difficult times and I realize that everyone deals differently, but sometimes it would be nice to be acknowledged for trying to to keep a friendship afloat.  People float in and out of my life for reasons I may not understand but that doesn't change the fact that they are and will continue to be a part of my life.  I only hope that some of the people that have found themselves floating away will find their way back.  It is in true honesty that I can say that I cherish my friendships more than anything in life.  Without such people who are able to love you so much that they overlook your flaws, I would have no one.

No comments: