Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valerie

If anyone checked the blog yesterday, you would have noticed that I did not post like normal.  This is due to an unfortunate spur of the moment trip to Philadelphia to say a final good bye to a great friend of mine.  She has fought a long and tough battle with colon cancer and regretfully lost her battle.  I was lucky enough to have enough time to reach the hospital and see her before it was too late, for that I am more than thankful.  This sudden death has made me so much more aware of how precious our lives are.  I am so thankful that I was able to meet such a wonderful and giving person.  I thank her friends and family for welcoming me and making sure that I got a call before it was too late.  I must also be thankful for a friend that was willing to drop everything to make sure I was able to have a place to stay while there.  Although I was very rushed while I was visiting, I am truly thankful that I have such wonderful people when I need them.  I just hope that I can return all the favors.

No comments: