Saturday, January 15, 2011

Odd compliment?

Today I had a woman tell me I look like a lush....I laughed hoping she meant it in a good way and not meaning I looked like a drunk. I seem to attract interesting conversations. Never a dull moment with me. Of course I had to find the definition of lush just to make sure it could be a compliment. See below. I guess there's a first time for everything, even being described as lush.

lush 1  (lsh)
adj. lush·er, lush·est
1.
a. Having or characterized by luxuriant vegetation.
b. Abundant; plentiful. See Synonyms at profuse.
c. Extremely productive; thriving.
2.
a. Luxurious; opulent: the lush décor of a grand hotel.
b. Extremely pleasing to the senses: a lush scent; lush fruit; the lush sounds of an orchestra.
c. Voluptuous or sensual.
3. Overelaborate or extravagant: lush rhetoric.

No comments: