Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chainsaw Lullaby

As I write this, I listen to Pandora, and think of all the photos I have to edit, and then from behind me, I hear a chainsaw in the backyard.  Yes, a chainsaw.  If someone would have asked me what my life was going to be like, I definitely wouldn't have described a normal day as above, but in reality, there is nothing not normal about these things, which makes me smile just thinking about it.  I'm sure the neighbors hate us, but sometimes you just can't take the country out of the girl, just like the song says.  Some days I dream of being a famous photographer and living in the big city, but seriously, where would HE play with his chainsaw and toys?  Life has taught me many things, but it's those daily oddities, I never thought I'd love, that keep me smiling.  So, I hate to guess where I'll be in another five years, since I'm sure I'll be wrong, but I'm know it will feel right.  There is never a dull day in the life of Kate Greenawalt, so that will never change.

No comments: