Thursday, August 4, 2011

Flashes of Hope

Sometimes you have to take time to be thankful for everything you usually take for granted.  I marvel at how lucky I am to be working in the photo world on a daily basis, and like others, I too at times don't realize how amazing my life really is.  I haven't blogged in a while since my schedule really hasn't permitted it, but I am now trying to make an effort to doing so more regularly.  That being said, Tuesday I was able to volunteer my time with Flashes of Hope, an organization that provides portraits, free of charge, to children that have cancer.  This week Camp Can Do provides a wonderful environment where these children can forget all of their daily struggles and are able to come together and enjoy life as healthy children do every day.  I was truly blessed to be a part of something so important and I am a much better person after seeing how beautiful these young ones are and continue to be even through difficult times.  Here is a adorable 9 year old girl that couldn't get enough of the camera.  My how lucky we all are to have our health.


No comments: