Friday, February 4, 2011

Digital Age

I'm amazed at how many people think that they are professional photographers.  Sometimes I have to laugh at the way people think about my field.  Contrary to popular belief, photography is a difficult industry, that takes skill just like any other profession.  I may not sit at a desk all day long, or work in the cold outside,  but what I do, is just as time consuming.  With the digital age, it has brought on more "professionals" that believe all they have to do is point and shoot.  It can be disheartening at times to think people don't believe my work is as valuable as I know it is.  What I do takes time, effort, and most of all creativity.  What I do, is how I make a living.   What I do is my passion.  Sometimes, it would just be nice if more people recognized the skill of a real professional photographer.   To all my clients that value what I provide, you all are amazing and make what I do so rewarding.  Thank you!

No comments: