Friday, November 21, 2008

Displacement

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: A change in normal place or position.

Synonyms: dislocation, disturbance, move, movement, rearrangement, shift

I guess this would be the best word to describe my state of my mind lately. I feel like the world is shifting around me and I am standing still trying to balance, almost like I used to spin in circles looking up at the clouds until I became so dizzy I fell over. Its funny how everything seems to relate back to the childhood games. I still wish all that could happen was a small tear in my jeans and a grass stain on my knee when I fell off balance. Life as an adult means I have so much more at stake. Sometimes I really get down on myself for not accomplishing more in the photographic scene. The only thing that keeps me sane is the idea that I still have time. I swear I will get my balance in life, really, really soon. That promise is more to myself than to anyone else. But seriously, I really need something to hold my feet on the ground as all of these changes are circling around like my childhood clouds.

No comments: